I’m looking to take on one or two crew members aboard my sailboat Adventureborne sometime in the next month. I plan to continue enjoying life island hopping my well equipped & comfortable 38′ Beneteau Idylle monohull Southward through the Bahamas till at least the end of the year. Eventually heading through the Caribbean and then ever further onward West…..
Over the past 3½ years & 12,000nm onboard S/V Adventureborne, I’ve taken on many more than a dozen crew. With each I’ve enjoyed teaching and learning from them. And plan to continue that tradition throughout the beautiful Bahamas as we live day by day and cross off items from my 101 Bahamas Bucketlist along the journey.
I can offer:
- Expense free while onboard.
- Delicious fresh sustainability caught seafood meals daily!
- Teaching many skills: Sailing, spearfishing, kiteboarding, slack-lining, paddelboarding, freedive, aerial silks, garden, sailboat maintenance, 12v &120v electrical, fire-dancing, ocean to table meals, cliff diving, surfing, skurfing, beach workouts, boat repairing, subwinging, and many, many more!
- Incredible photos & videos of our adventures.
- Your own room or the sea berth.
- An adventure of a lifetime!
I’m looking for someone who:
- Has a positive, enthusiastic, and fun-loving attitude. Is sociable, and has a strong desire for real adventures!
- Can fly into The Bahamas within the next 30 days. And is able to crew for at least three weeks(can stay longer if things works out).
- Has good character and a strong work ethic. Who’s motivated to help out wherever they can.
- Is physically & mentally fit(must be a strong swimmer).
- Can occasionally help with filming & photos and is ok with being in front of a camera.
- Has sufficient funds for all their own travel to and from the boat.
- Is a good communicator.
- Has interesting skills or talents to contribute towards the sailboat and teaching me.
- Is a good cook & creative with any ingredients!
I’m keen to find unique and interesting people who can add something special while onboard and to the adventures. I really enjoy having people who can contribute more than they take. Think about what skills, abilities, or knowledge you have that could be of help or interesting for me to learn. I want this experience to be a genuine cultural exchange.
Since last week I’ve met up with a good friend and buddy boat Greg on S/V Spartytime(Seen in some of the photos). We will be sailing together at least for the foreseeable future. As well I love to meet up with other sailors, cruisers, and locals. So good company is never far, even though 99% of the time I’m anchored out in a remote paradise.
Put the name of your favorite fruit into your message to me so I know you’re read through this. Understandably I get a lot of responses when I’m looking for crew. So I’ve gotten pretty good at weeding out who’s genuinely interested in being a part of this experience. And who’s just looking for a free vacation. If this is something you’re serious about, show me.
Before you message me, checkout my YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. That’ll give you a better sense of how I operate. Also you’ll notice the photos and videos can make it all look glamorous & amazing. But I run a tight ship. You’ll be expected to help with your fair share of the work while aboard. Standing watch, hoisting the sails, heaving the anchor, washing dishes, cleaning inside the boat, cleaning the outside of the boat, cleaning the underside of the boat, and much more. This is not a free ride, but an equal exchange.
If these words and accompanying photos excite you, and you’re interested in joining, send me a direct message on one of my social media accounts.
- A little bit about yourself.
- Why you want to join.
- Why you think you’d be the BEST crew!
Thanks for reading this far! Hope to hear from you soon!