We have received a 2009 Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 50 DS. It’s a boat you can’t pass by without glancing at it, especially capturing your interest with its elegant lines.
In the salon, there are several hatches and large windows that provide a lot of light and a pleasant atmosphere.
The boat is under 15 meters so it can be driven without a D5L (coastal skipper). It is ship-registered, which gives the possibility of financing with a mortgage on a boat in the same way as a house.
Boarding is easy for everyone. You will find an opening in the row on both sides or via the boat’s bathing stairs aft. This boat has wide dollies and a large deck area that facilitates movement between the driver’s position and the foredeck. The boat can also easily be sailed single-handed if you wish. Here is a smart and spacious cockpit solution with good work space and room for many. A great teak table with two large flaps makes it possible for coziness and pleasant dining experiences. The two driving positions have leather-covered steering wheels. From the skipper’s point of view, he gets full control over the entire boat’s patio and a good overview of the navigation equipment.
Full standing height. The DS models are very spacious thanks to the deck house solution. The salon is raised so that you have an unobstructed view through the large window surfaces. This gives a feeling of belonging to the elements even if you are sitting inside the boat. The galley is large, inclusive with a good view to the salon, out to sea and to the crew in the cockpit.
This 4/3 cabin with 3 bathrooms version is very spacious and has good ceiling height. The designers have done a fabulous job here. The deck saloon has a raised door, which gives good stowage space underneath and with its raised saloon roof this gives a very bright and pleasant atmosphere. In the bow there are two double cabins with separate bathrooms, here the partition can be removed to make room for a kingsize berth, two double cabins aft, port cabin with direct access to bathroom. The Sun Odyssey 50 DS is a boat that suits everyone, whether you have small children, are retired, going on a trip with friends, a long trip or if you want a houseboat.
The boat is class A for good seaworthiness and is designed to be able to cross all seas. She has been built to withstand the stresses the hull and rigging get during such crossings, so you can feel safe here. The boat is easy to sail, elegant and smooth in the sea. The boat is a very elegant and seaworthy family sailboat. She is now ready for new owners.
With its Yanmar 4JH4-HTE with 110 hp, there is plenty of power so that you can get ahead even with strong seas and headwinds. Engine hours are 4,259, the last service was taken in December 2020 and a new gear was fitted in 2018. The boat has been chartered and has some signs of use. She got new sails in 2016.
The boat is located at Leangbukta and is ready for display and takeover.
- B&G 12” chart plotter under cockpit table
- B&G Radar
- Garmin GPSmap 4008, 9” chart plotter at chart table
- Navman VHF
- 4 wind instruments
- Bowthruster Quick 6kw
- Thruster and windlass battery Exide excel 95 amp x 2
- Consumable battery Exide dual 92 amp AGM battery x 4, 2016
- Starter battery Exide dual 92 amp AGM?
- Quick sbc battery charger 60 Amp
- Lewmar electric windlass on bow
- Stereo system with speakers inside and in the cockpit
- 2 x Webasto evo air top heater 3.9 kw and 5.5 kw
- Cool box with freezer section that has both a top hatch and a front door
- The roller genoa 2016
- Furling mainsail 2016
- Electric Harken 60 genoa winches x 2
- Electric Harken 44 winch on port cabin roof
- Manual Harken 44 winch on starboard cabin roof
- Spinnaker boom.
- Cockpit door, table and benches in precious wood
- Protective cover for cockpit table
- Shaped winter tarpaulin
- Two extra chairs in lounge
- Gas stove with 3 burners
- Four/three cabins
- Three bathrooms
- 30 kg Danfort anchor and chain on bow
- Large storage with access from the deck on the bow
- Boatman’s chair
- Sailing boiler suit x 6
- Fenders and mooring lines
- Life raft 12 men new in 2020
- Life jacket x 7
- Lifebuoy with throw line
- Fire extinguisher x 2
- Fuel tank 240 litres
- Water tank 235 + 380 litres
- Septic tank with discharge above deck
- Hot water tank 40 litres